Blogs seem to be evolving into an essential tool for any business’ website. Jumping on this trend might seem intimidating. However, with tools such as WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly, and more, anyone can create an easy-to-manage blogging platform, even if they don’t have advanced graphic skills.
Blogs are an important investment to make, as 60 percent of businesses that blog acquire more customers, according to a HubSpot survey. Besides the business it will bring you, blogging is an inspiring and stimulating creative outlet for your brand. Are you sold yet? Just in case you’re not, here’s a list of five reasons why blogging is essential in amplifying your brand’s message.
- Blogs create direct communication with your audience. A blog is your direct communication channel as it allows you to share timely/relevant information with your consumer base in a long-form medium. In addition to that, people can comment on posts, thus creating a communication channel with customers. By asking questions for feedback, the conversation can build trust and rapport with your audience and possibly convert to new leads.
- Blogging helps your marketing strategy. A blog is the lifeline to your content marketing strategies. You can drive traffic to your blog/website by posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. about any new blog posts. Blogs are easier to promote through social media due to the casual and approachable nature. Blogs can sharpen your marketing strategy since they help you focus and stick to a schedule. They can also help build brand awareness and can act as free promotion to your target demographic/audience. Blogging can also help you stay ahead of the curve, as you must stay on top of news and trends in your field in order to create a successful and relevant blog. This establishes you as a leader rather than a follower. Furthermore, if your blog generates enough traffic to become an influential platform, you can use it as a way for your brand to stand out from the crowd.
- It’s all about the search engine. SEOs love fresh content that is useful and relevant and SEOs will reward you for great content. Every blog written is an opportunity to drive people to your page through organic searches. However, you might not see immediate results from posting a blog post. Perhaps at first you only get traffic from your social media or loyal customers. Over time, as research shows, you will generate more traffic as people discover your blog through search engines. For days, weeks, and years to come you will continue to get traffic and leads from a single post due to search engines.
- Blogs establish you as a thought leader. If you consistently create content that is helpful for your customer, you will become a thought leader in your industry. People that have found their questions answered by your blog will begin to trust you as their guide for useful information. You want to become a “go-to” for customers and fellow businesses. It is as simple as frequently updating your blog with insightful advice, tips, and suggestions about relevant information in your field.
- Blogs showcase who you are as a brand. This is the best and most fun part about blogging — it gives your company a personality and shows your tone. You can reveal a personal side of your business that might not otherwise be seen through traditional marketing techniques. Blogging gives people a sense of your values and vision. At Frances Roy, this is our core reason for blogging. We love sharing relevant information, but mostly we enjoy showing who we are as a brand.
When it comes down to it, blogs are an enjoyable and essential part of your business. We encourage everyone to utilize this great tool, just as we do, and find out how inspiring and helpful blogging really can be.