It’s everywhere — you’re casually scrolling your feeds for interesting content from your family, friends and favorite brands, and suddenly the silence of your scroll turns into sounds of a dog singing along to Adele. Video is the absolute king of content, and we’re happy that Facebook and other platforms have changed settings to ensure these embarrassing moments aren’t as widespread.
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
- Saudi Arabia is the country with the highest daily online video access, with 98 percent of online video penetration among the population (via statista).
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
- Every second, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks by 2021, according to Cisco (via Forbes).
- The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
- Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day (via Forbes).
How should your organization harness the power of video content? We have a few ideas!
To offer insight into the everyday happenings of your organization or to publicize an event, product or service, utilize live video features on Facebook and Instagram. Your followers and fans will receive a notification that you’ve gone live, encouraging them to tune in.
Capture unique content through video by interviewing your customers or clients for testimonials about your products or services. Feature your team members in a series of videos about what they enjoy most about contributing to the organization. Create videos that focus on your products or services, too! This can range from the manufacturing process to the creative process and more.
Conjuring up new video content week after week can be difficult. Crowdsource from your team and from your audiences to find out what type of information or content they want to see from you. You will be surprised the ideas that flow when you open up the dialogue!
Finally, reach out to a member of the Frances Roy team if you need some assistance in brainstorming unique content or ideas. We’re here to help every step of the way!